The NEET is a medical entrance examination conducted annually by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Lakhs of students register to participate in NEET each year. Due to immense competition and limited seats, not all make it through.
NEET is now the only entrance examination if one aims to get admission to private and government medical institutes in India to pursue different medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS, and various AYUSH courses. NEET UG registration for 2023 is set to commence in the month of December 2022. Read this article to learn about the exact online application process, details about the NEET examination and more.
Also Read: Top 10 Reasons to Study in the UK
NEET 2023 – Highlights
|Name of medical entrance test
|NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
|Who conducts NEET?
|NTA (National Testing Agency)
|Frequency of the test
|Once a year
|Mode of the test
|Pen and paper test (Offline test)
|Duration of the examination
|3 hours 20 minutes
|Mode of registration/application
|Official website for NEET
|NTA – nta.neet.nic.in
|MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses
|Quota through NEET
|85% – State quota15% – All India quota (AIQ)
|Number of questions to be answered
|180 out of 200 questions to be answered
|4 marks are awarded for each correct answer
|1 mark deducted for each incorrect response
|Physics – 45 out of 50 questions to be answered Chemistry – 45 out of 50 questions to be answered Botany – 45 out of 50 questions to be answered Zoology – 45 out of 50 questions to be answered
|3570 centres located in 497 cities throughout the country, including 14 cities outside India
|Type of questions
|Objective type questions – MCQs
|Language of question paper
|13 languages – English, Assamese, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, and Urdu.
Process of NEET 2023 Registration
- Visit the official website, NTA – nta.neet.nic.in as soon as the registration process commences.
- Look for the “New Registration” link; click it and follow the instructions.
- Fill out the form by entering details – name, email ID, contact details, and date of birth; submit the details. The registration process is complete after the candidates get their login details in their mailbox.
- Enter personal details and other details, such as the language of the question paper and choice of city for the examination centre and related academic details.
- Upload the scanned documents (photos, thumb impressions, mark sheet, and certificates) in the required specifications and format.
- Make the payment in online mode through any of the mentioned gateways.
- Carefully go through the entered details and submit the online application form. Print a copy of the application and save it for future reference.
What after NEET Registration?
Once the registration process completes, the officials review all the applications received. The next step in the process is that the official authority reopens the portal for corrections (if any) to the online application form submitted (for registered candidates only).
However, candidates must note that edits to only certain fields can be made. Hence, ensure to go through the details carefully while filling out the form and before submitting it. After the correction facility is closed, candidates wait to download their NEET admit card from the official website. NTA releases notifications stating the release of the admit card. Candidates can download the admit cards through online mode only.
This was a brief on the registration process for NEET. For related information on NEET 2023, subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel.
Also Read: Top 5 Benefits of UPSC EPFO Exam Coaching